Saturday 1 September 2012

The Jacket Project

Hello, after a longish break :) .

In this post i'm putting up pictures of a project that I was working on.
I had to dissect a men's double lined formal jacket piece by piece to create something completely different concentrating on the flow of lines or the movement of the fabric.
Here Goes!
I got this Jacket from a Charity Store for £4. What you see is one half of my pinstriped Jacket with its Lining!! (bright lining is why i chose this!)
A few attemps of arranging my jacket strangely on the dress form. The idea was to not use a specific part of the jacket as was orginally intended ( eg: to use the lapel anywhere except center front)
 


And the FINAL RESULT!!
So, sadly my beautiful bright lining couldn't be of any use. However I like the flow of lines there . 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment